Don't know your P&L from your balance sheet? Hired an FD and not sure what to ask them? Need to talk to the bank or investors? Feel like your numbers are telling you something but can't figure out what? You're not alone!
Most business founders are people with great ideas, vision and charisma - what they often don't have is a grounding in business finance - they'll leave that to the accountants. But understanding your business numbers is crucial to good decision making, setting KPI's, raising investment and so much more.
Join us as we team up with Johnny Martin aka The Numbers Coach for a lesson in finance fundamentals.
This session is broken into 3 parts:
- Accruals accounting
- How VAT works in the accounts
- Cashflow & working capital
- The Balance Sheet & trial balance and control accounts
- Statutory v Management accounting
- The Board Pack and why investors like this
- Ratios & KPIs
3/FD & Finance Team
- FD - types of qualifications and experience & cost
- Types of accounting staff i.e. structure of team
- How to keep them motivated
- Use of checklists & how to check up on them
About Johnny Martin
Johnny is passionate about business numbers, cutting through jargon and delivering his no-nonsense practical wisdom wherever he goes. He's also a very experienced Finance director who has turned around and sold three venture capital backed businesses.
Please note - this event is £145 + VAT for Supper Club members only