Venture Capital (VC) has grown in popularity amongst those looking for external investment to take their business to the next level or take market share quickly. This dinner is for those exploring VC as a growth capital option and those looking for advice and insight on how to manage the relationship with their investors. It will also highlight what to expect from this type of investment, how to get the best deal, pitfalls to be aware of and value beyond capital from investors. This will be attended by members new to the process and those who have gone through it, to ensure that the output is valuable to all.
About our guest expert
Before joining BGF Ventures in 2016, Henry Gladwyn managed an angel syndicate led by Mustafa Suleyman and Demis Hassabis (founders of DeepMind) and was General Counsel of a late stage venture fund with investments including Uber and Airbnb.
Prior to all of that he was a corporate lawyer at Slaughter and May, focusing on private equity and media investments.
This event looks to cover, but is not limited to:
- How to position yourself to secure the best VC deal
- The potential pitfalls of VC investment
- Mental preparation for handing over equity
- VC expectations on return and exit
- How a VC investor should support your business beyond investment
- Choosing the right VC for your growth strategy