Learning to let go and give your middle management a leg-up can be transformational in scaling your business.
Luckily, there are plenty of options to help you do this. Some of our members recommend onboarding a ‘people manager’ to build a strategy and process for developing junior and middle management. It can be a great move allowing for more effective delegation, so you can untangle yourself from the operational detail.
Others contract a HR director on an interim or fixed contract basis, creating a plan that can be delivered by the existing team, while others use a Head of Talent or Head of People as part of their internal PR to show how serious they are about employee engagement and development.
With all these options and more, join like-minded peers to explore:
• What to expect from a HR director – inhouse or contracted?
• Everything to consider before developing a talent strategy and management team
• Building a coaching culture and up-skill your managers
• Empowering and enabling people to step up
• How to delegate more effectively, and what you should (and shouldn’t) handover