Sorry you missed it!
This event has now passed. Click below to see what else we have coming up.
Many businesses will have more than one shareholder. Maybe there are multiple founders, maybe you took on a shareholder to help grow the business, or maybe you have taken on investment and have external shareholders on the board. Whatever your arrangement, this event aims to explore how you ensure you have the right agreements in place and how to overcome any disputes.
Naturally, you’ll have different ideas and agendas for the business and this will inevitably lead to disagreements from time to time. Knowing how to deal with this in order to reach a middle ground, will ensure that the business doesn’t suffer during these periods.
Ian Morris, Partner at EMW will be joining this event to share his expertise in this area.
Ian specialises in leveraged buy-outs and advises businesses from early stage through to buy, build and exit.
This dinner will look to explore, but will not be limited to:
- Exploring the tools and services available that can act as a mediator, avoiding escalation of a potential dispute
- Aligning the views of all shareholders to focus on the growth of the business
- Shareholder agreement documents, and how this can affect the conversation
- Tactics to avoid negative impacts on the business during a disagreement
- How, why, and when to seek legal advice
- The lessons those around the table have learnt during times of disagreement and the pitfalls to avoid
Please note that our venues are subject to change; always refer to email reminders one week before the event and the text message reminder the day before the event for the correct venue. Our website will also be updated in the event of a venue change.