‘You have to convince your brain that what you want to achieve is possible…and that nothing else in the world matters more’.
Imagine running 155 miles in 24 hours straight… around just one track. 623 times, around and around. That’s nearly 6 marathons back-to-back.
Joining us to share his incredible experience of the formidable 24-Hour Race is a man who trained to extremes to complete it, and is now part of Great Britain’s ultra-running team.
Meet Mike Stocks, Founder of Qorteq, and a member of The Supper Club. Mike will talk to members about how and why he got into running, how he manages his rigorous training alongside running a business, as well as:
- Explaining what really happens at a 24-hour race
- The mindset required to run around the same track 623 times
- Stamina: psychological, physical and emotional
- The power of visualisation, focus and staying in the present
- Taking inspiration from others around us
And finally: that all-important question so many of us ask ourselves during the challenges we undertake.
Join Mike and other members for drinks and great conversation at the second in our brand-new Life Adventures series. See you there!