Imagine running 155 miles in 24 hours straight… around just one track. 623 times, around and around. That’s nearly 6 marathons back-to-back.
Joining us to share his incredible experience of the formidable 24-Hour Race is a man who trained to extremes to complete it, and is now part of Great Britain’s ultra-running team.
Meet Mike Stocks, Founder of Qorteq, and a member of The Supper Club. Mike will talk to members about how and why he got into running, how he manages his rigorous training alongside running a business, as well as:
- Explaining what really happens at a 24-hour race
- The mindset required to run around the same track 623 times
- Stamina: psychological, physical and emotional
- The power of visualisation, focus and staying in the present
- Taking inspiration from others around us
And finally: that all-important question so many of us ask ourselves during the challenges we undertake: why?
Join Mike to hear his powerful story over drinks in the beautiful surroundings at Devonshire Club, a 'home from home in the heart of London'. See you there!
Love the venue? Become a member at Devonshire Club to enjoy the space whenever you like - head over to our 'Member Offers' page for an exclusive special offer.