Looking to find investors to scale-up? Already working on your pitch but wondering what to do next? There’s no silver-bullet for approaching funding. In this roundtable, we’ll look at how to attract the right investors and build a successful and profitable relationship.
We’ll be discussing:
- Preparation pre-investment
- Creating your 3-year plan
- How much investment to ask for
- How to set your business up ready for investment
- Creating realistic forecasts
- The investor/investee relationship
- Considering chemistry and the important part it plays
- How many investors do you need?
- Instilling confidence in your investor that you and your business are up to the task
- Setting ground rules and expectations you have for each other
- Understanding your investor's motivations and meeting them
- Life after an initial investment
- Surrendering some control of the business
- What happens if your investor joins your board or becomes a non-exec?
- Reporting to your investor
- What to do if you’re not hitting agreed targets