Sorry you missed it!
This event has now passed. Click below to see what else we have coming up.
Looking to become a NED? Perhaps you're an existing NED wanting to expand your portfolio? This workshop, hosted in partnership with Ford Hastings, will answer your burning questions and provide practical advice to help you thrive as a NED.
What you'll learn:
Legal framework and compliance:
- Director responsibilities even if not registered
- Conflicts of Interest
Practical skills you need as an NED:
- Financial literacy - understand balance sheets, P&L, Cashflow, key ratios
- Operational literacy - understanding processes and procedures, systems, dashboards, supply chains etc
- People skills - mentoring, coaching, advisory, recruitment
- Leadership and mindset training
- Understanding your Strengths
- Creating a Non-Exec CV
- Creating a unique value proposition
- Relationships and go to market - existing network, recruiters, databases
- Marketing yourself
Identity and client culture:
- Vision Values Capacity and Interest
- Time horizon
- Owner mindset
- Sector Expertise
- Business Model Expertise
- Remuneration agreements
Events like this fill up quickly so book your space now to avoid dissapointment.