Sorry you missed it!
This event has now passed. Click below to see what else we have coming up.
The first step in deciding which role best suits you is to understand the differences between coaching and mentoring or advising and or a Non-Executive Director (NED). Coaching and mentoring use similar skills but the former is more task-based and related to improving performance, while the latter is more relationship-based to develop a career or business strategy. NEDs are there to influence rather than control and have more legal responsibilities with a greater focus on corporate governance.
This dinner will bring together members considering these roles as well as those who will share their experiences of being a mentor, coach, advisor or NED.
This dinner will look to explore, but will not be limited to:
- The differences between mentoring & coaching, being an advisor or NED
- How to manage expectations when taking on each role
- Different fee structures and what you should expect to be paid
- How to avoid legal, financial, moral or emotional pitfalls
- How to find or attract people to work with
Please note that our venues are subject to change; always refer to email reminders one week before the event and the text message reminder the day before the event for the correct venue. Our website will also be updated in the event of a venue change.