Can your business survive and grow without you? Having a strong senior leadership team will convince investors that it can and will.
Members who have gone through the process of securing equity investment often highlight the importance of a good FD or CFO in presenting a strong set of accounts and a growth plan to justify a higher valuation. A great chairman or NED can help you find the right investor and advise on how to best deploy the investment.
Successfully building a senior management team is a major building block to scale and a key barrier to overcome. A trusted, motivated, and focused senior team not only accelerates scale but also instills confidence in potential buyers or investors.
How do you know what skills you need, and how do you build a high performing senior team? Do you develop from within, or recruit from outside? Members have used coaches, advisors, and non-execs to help them with their senior talent strategies, but how do you motivate and incentivise them to perform (and stay loyal)?
Members will be joined by Tim Hastings, executive search expert and founder at Ford Hastings, who’ll share advice over dinner on:
- How to build a senior team around your culture and vision
- The role of coaching and training in developing senior teams
- Understanding the dysfunctions of a senior team and how to manage them
- How to motivate and incentivise senior managers
- Investor expectations of a senior team and what to expect from non-execs