Thu, 26 May|
Workshop - Getting ready to exit
If an exit is on the horizon then understanding the exit process and how to maximise the capital value of your business is essential knowledge.
Time & Location
26 May, 21:00
In Person, London, UK
About the event
Summary: If an exit is on the horizon then understanding the exit process and how to maximise the capital value of your business is essential knowledge. Effective pre-exit planning can help you to achieve a higher valuation, avoid costly mistakes and achieve a smoother exit. Even if a sale is some way off, being 'exit ready' means you'll be more attractive to to investors and prospective buyers.
We'll explore: Pre-exit planning:
- Identifying buyers and positioning strategy
- Optimising your management team and early succession planning
- Valuing your Business
- Maximising EBITDA/ Multiple
- How to deal with unsolicited approaches
- Improving valuation in the sale process
- Understanding the sale process & timeframes
- Tax planning for sale
- Common pitfalls Founders make and mistakes to avoid
Expert insight: Leading the session will be Matt Katz, Head of Corporate Finance, Buzzacott. Matt is head of Buzzacott’s corporate finance team, which advises entrepreneurial businesses in the £5m to £100m transactional value range and specialises in:
- Series A fundraisings
- Disposals, particularly to overseas buyers
- Financial diligence for both UK VC’s and overseas acquirers
- Management buy outs raising funds from UK banks and private equity houses
- Employee ownership
- Succession planning
Andy Hodgetts, Head of Lead Advisory, Buzzacott. He works with high growth businesses helping them better position themselves to raise funds, make acquisitions, and plan to work towards an exit. Typically working with founder-led growing and/or exiting companies, he understands the perspective of a founder and strategically advises to help them generate and realise value in their business.
Half-day, expert-led workshop (in-person)in an intimate group of maximum 10 founders, you'll have the opportunity to ask all your questions, receive support specific to your business, and make new connections by getting to know the other founders at the session.